The bank. 1919. One hundred years ago!
The Willow Tree branch of the CBC bank was established on 31st July 1914, under acting manager Fairly Kemp. The first office was
a 9' by 7' space in Dooleys store. About 3 months later an iron building was leased from Mr Wickham, on the eastern side of the highway, opposite the railway station. The front portion was used for banking and the managers quarters
were in the rear.
The second manager was J. O. C. Davies. He was later a stock and station agent in town.
The present building was occupied in September 1919, when N. B. Hunt was the manager. Managers after Mr Hunt were,
H. C. Pepper.
E. S. Flower.
P. W. McIntire.
A. J. Phillips.
K. J. B. Prowse.
E. R. Williams.
M. C. Kingsmill.
G. S. Barwick.
G. P. Crane.